Monday, May 3, 2010

Do Better Now, My Child

He came to my desk with quivering lip-- 
The lesson was done.  
  "Dear Teacher I want a new leaf," he said, 
   "I have spoiled this one." 
I took the old leaf, stained and blotted, 
And gave him a new one all unspotted, 
And into his sad eyes smiled,   
  "Do better now, my child."

I went to the throne with a quivering soul-- 
The old year was done.  
  "Dear Father, hast Thou a new leaf for me? 
  I have spoiled this one."
 He took the old leaf, stained and blotted, 
And gave me a new one all unspotted, 
And into my sad heart smiled,  
  "Do better now, My child."        
  
  -- By   Kathleen Wheeler

________________________________________________________________________________

It is the love of Christ which compels us. 
It is the love of Christ which convicts us.
It is the love of Christ which brings us to repentance.
It is the love of Christ which pardons us.

No comments:

Post a Comment