Thursday, May 6, 2010

The grass is not greener on the other side?


Preface: I recently received a $40 H&M gift card.

Dilemma: I needed a party dress for Friday night.

Proposed Solution: Use the H&M gift card to buy said dress on Thursday night at Towson Town Center.

Projected Ending: I will walk out of H&M at 7:30 with a satisfactory party dress.

What Actually Happened: On neither of H&M's 2 floors did I find said dress. In fact the entire collection at H&M was worthless. I begin to wonder why people waste money at this story.

7:45 pm: I headed over to the dreaded Forever 21 in desperation looking for an affordable party dress. Floor 1 was useless, but at the top of the grand stairway I found the most delightful green number. I proceeded to inspect the green number, and found it to be very pleasing. But then I began to wonder about the other hidden treasures the 2nd floor might be harboring. Picked up 3 more numbers and headed to dressing room.

8:15pm: still standing in line waiting for a dressing room to become vacant.

8:45pm: only green number proved to be worth purchasing.
8:50pm: I begin to wonder about green number. It couldn't be the best choice out there. There must be better options in all of this vast mall. I begin to panic. What if I buy this green thing and then happen to saunter by a window of another store with a better green thing. Oh no! And my initial desire was a yellow number. What should I do?

8:52pm: standing in line at Forever 21 to purchase green number. The girls in front of me are amusing. One of them holds up a cute white dress. Her friend asks: "What size is that?". To which girl says: "Medium". Friend says: "B***H, you're in denial". Girl was probably a size 20. If this line moves along maybe I can check out Macy's.

9:00pm: At Macy's inspecting the grass.

9:10pm: Found a black, white and yellow number that would make Michael Kors weep. Oh -- and then a polka dot number -oh no! I can't resist polka dots. And what is that -- the most adorable frilly number. AAAH -- the yellow dress I've been dreaming about! The grass is greener on the other side. This is precisely why this cancer of indecision refuses to go into remission in this mind of mind.

9:20pm: Sprinting to the dressing room as the store closes at 9:30pm. Guy says to girlfriend: "Maybe you can find something in this section". Girlfriend: "No this is for the younger crowd, so they only have trashy stuff.". She walks out the door. Guy looks back longingly at the dresses.

9:22pm: At cash register. These dresses aren't trashy. I never buy trashy things. What is she talking about? This is Macy's. This is where all designers come to die.

10:45pm: Made it home without getting mugged.





3 comments:

  1. love this line "She walks out the door. Guy looks back longingly at the dresses."

    very interesting...on another note, i'm glad you made it home w/o getting mugged, and with a dress of your choice (?) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - thanks Meronie!

    I think girls should listen to their boyfriends sometimes. And that was one of the times. The dresses in that section were fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the line about being in denial. That was mean but funny.

    ReplyDelete