Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Eleventh Commandment


Cupcakes were never my thing. They were too sweet, too colorful and housed in those irritating paper things. Then I saw Sharone make a nutella pistachio cupcake on Masterchef and felt a spark. But the real ignition came after the dentist hit some dormant cupcake nerve when he was drilling my premolar. A cupcake craving clasped me so tightly in its jaws I could scarcely think of anything else. Luckily my friend knew a nearby place with cupcake notoriety. She had a dark chocolate capuccino number and I had the orange white chocolate truffle wonder. Not sweet, perfect texture, crunchy mild chocolate infusion -- it was just what the doctor ordered. I left with that cucpcake on my mind, and returned the following night with that cupcake on my mind.

That cupcake plagued me for the next week, so when I finally returned on Friday night I was expecting to have my screaming cupcake appetite satisfied. But did they have that flavor? NO! Did I decide to be patient and return another day for my heart's delight? Of course not. I made the same error I have made so many times. I got something else, some sugary berry mix purply accident, and I was sorely disappointed. I was not satisfied. In fact, I was turned off.

Surely, "do not settle" is the 11th commandment.

No comments:

Post a Comment