Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stuck on the Wrong Point


I recently had a friend listen to Matt Chandler's "Jesus wants the rose video". Surprisingly, he found it funny and felt that Matt Chandler deserved to be embarrassed because of the bait and switch he pulled on his classmate. Talk about completely missing the point. It's almost like walking onto a magnificent and beautiful ship laden with treasures of gold and silver, and only noticing the funny looking crewman. To be honest, I was simultaneously astonished and intrigued. It makes me wonder.

I wonder about the places where I am stuck on the wrong point instead of the magnificent and beautiful over-arching truth. Us humans are stupid like that. And oftentimes we become stuck on the wrong point, which is often a superficial point, because of social conditioning. This is the same kind of programming which leads us to believe that soda (in all of its artificial and sugary glory) is more satisfying for thirst than water. So we become foolish robohumans, who stand near streams of fresh running water, and despair of the wilderness because there is no soda dispenser in sight.

I hope I didn't miss the point today.

No comments:

Post a Comment